This week’s episode is so important as society seems to have lost sight of the importance of our men & their role as fathers. Get to know our guest, Mario Reyes aka Papi Picasso who is known for being a dope poet and an author based out of the ATL (2:09). In our discussion we touched on the following topics:
– Accountability (4:27)
– Minority men vs. “The System” (13:49)
– Male trauma & lack of support agencies (17:34)
– Shift in our culture (20:09)
– When if ever a father should be kept from his child (22:28)
– Coparenting (25:27)
– Lessons a father is better equipped to teach (31:50)
– Advice for single moms with sons (41:03)
– Parent vs friend..over compensating(45:14)
and so much more!!
In this week’s Food for Thought, Kay discusses how our broken foster care system fails children and families and may even cause more trauma (1:19:29).